The Emerald Enduro will take place in the diverse terrain of Carrick Mountain, one of the most scenic parts of Ireland. With stunning views across the Wicklow hills to the Irish Sea and a landscape that changes from open rocky mountainside to rooty, flowy woodland singletrack, Carrick is a classic Irish venue.
All trails will be closed for riding after Friday 12th May, though on foot inspection is permitted. All stages are unique and only accessible by bike (no uplift inside the forest). No form or motorised vehicle / motor bike allowed in the forest unless permitted by the organisers.
There will be a neutral feed zone with energy drink, water and snacks, which will be easily accessed during transition to the next stage. Riders may NOT stash their own food/liquids inside this area or any where else on the course.
Course Closed: From 12th of May
The course map will be released 1 week before the event
Height Loss: 1550mtrs
Number of Stages: 6
Estimated Racing Time: 23mins
- WOMEN | Under 21 (1997-2000)
- WOMEN | 40+ (1977+)
- MEN | Under 21 (1997-2000)
- MEN | 40+ (1977+)
- Challenger Category
The Emerald Enduro will follow the rules as outlined by the Enduro World Series, read more here. The following are specific rules for this event, this list is not exhaustive.
- All trails will be closed for riding after Friday 12th of May. Walking trails is permitted. Anyone found in breach of this rule will be disqualified.
- All stages are unique and only accessible by bike (no uplift inside the forest area). No form of motorised/electric vehicle / motor bike are allowed in the forest unless permitted by the organisers. Anyone found in breach of this rule will be disqualified. This rule applies to all people associated with the event, not just riders.
- Competitors must present their national federation licence or purchase a 'Cycling Ireland Event Licence' at a cost of €20, this can be arranged at registration, there is no need to contact us beforehand regarding this.
- All competitors must sign-on at registration themselves, a team manager may not sign on their behalf.
- Competitors must wear a helmet at all times, either a full face or open face helmet. Anyone found in breach of this rule will be disqualified. Gloves/knee/elbow/back protection are not compulsory.
- Not obeying course marking/course cutting: Disqualification
- Unintentional course cutting: 30 seconds
- Illegal Outside Assistance: There is no outside assistance allowed on the mountain, the penality is disqualification. There will be a neutral feedzone on the mountain which is easily access on route to most stages.
- Environmental Disrespect: From 1 minute to disqualification
- Illegal shuttling: Disqualification
- Training outside official times: Disqualification
- Changing a marked piece of equipment with authorisation: 5 minutes
- Changing a marked piece of equipment without authorisation: Disqualification
- Disposal of a goggle Tear Off on the trail: Disqualification
- Altering the course: Disqualification
- Food stashing / using unauthorised food supplies: 5 minutes